Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wow!

So, I came back to my blog a few weeks after posting to discover that I actually had a question!  


Needless to say, I was pretty shocked because I was starting to wonder whether I should have just posted this on my original blog (Kit Knits). 


So Barb the French Bean of Two Beans or Not Two Beans asked: 
Doesn't your hair smell a bit funky after using this???
Here is my experience: 


The first time, yes I did think that my hair smelled funny after using this method.  That first time, all I did was a baking soda paste and I didn't use any styling products afterwards, so I didn't have that lovely smell that we all associate with clean hair.  


What's interesting is that we have all been trained to think of the smell of our natural hair oils as a dirty head.  


That being said, as I've developed how I'm working with my hair without shampoo, I've found that I am able to use regular styling products, so I still get the "nice" smell of the product in my hair.  I certainly don't carry the smell of the shampoo and conditioner all day like I used to, but my hair still manages to smell nice over the course of a day.  


Barb, I hope that helps.  (Also, definitely check out her blog - I enjoyed it!) 


Of course, as with the last time, if you have any questions that you would like me to answer, leave them in the comments and I will be happy to try!  

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I came across this new blog the other night and am intrigued! It's very 19th century, maybe that's why, lol. What prompted you to start this 'poo-less experiment? I seem to have a confused and endless supply of shampoo since things just stop working for me; it's really annoying.

    ReplyDelete