Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A long overdue update

So, I'm very happy with my sulfate free hair life.

My current routine is a baking soda rinse, followed by a soak with apple cider vinegar.  (Both are diluted with water - my non-scientific recipe will follow).

What I've noticed is that my hair feels softer and it does seem to curl a little better.

Unscientific Recipes:

Baking Soda rinse:  About 1-2 tablespoons baking soda to 6-8oz of water.
Apple Cider Vinegar:  Somewhere between 1 part ACV to 3 parts water and 1 part ACV to 2 parts water.

You should play with it and discover what works best for your own hair if you decide to try it - that's what I did.

If anyone reads this and has any questions they want me to answer, leave them in the comments and I'll answer them in a new blog!

1 comment:

  1. Huh. That is interesting.

    Doesn't your hair smell a bit funky after using this???

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete